DEPARTMENT OF BACHELOR IN ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
Year of Establishment: 2013
The University of Mumbai Introduced the Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance) program in the year 2003-2004.Along with thorough knowledge of Accounts and finance, this program also brings about an all round development of students. This program provides a blend of visits, industrial visits, job orientations, and placements which paves the way for a successful career for those students who have zest and passion for accounts and finance. in a span of ten years since the introduction of a program, the syllabi of this program has been revised three times by university of Mumbai in order to update the contents to meet the challenges of the industry.
The mission of the Department of Accounting and finance is to support the missions of the College
- providing quality instruction to students to prepare them for successful careers
- engaging in scholarly activity to maintain academic currency and to advance knowledge in fields of specialization of departmental faculty
- Providing service to the university and greater community.
Vision Statement: The Department of accounts and Finance aspires to:
- uphold high standards of academic performance
- respect students and provide them with quality education
- promote employment opportunities for students
- sustain continuous improvement and innovation
- Semester system in all the Programs (CBSGS).
- Syllabi of the Programs regularly revised and updated.
- Latest revision of syllabi has been conducted during Academic Session.
- Class Room Learning
- Group Discussion
- Role Playing
- Case Studies
- Management Games
- Activity Based Learning
- Institute and Industry Interface
- Industry Visits
- Guest Lectures
Academic Events organized By the Department:
|2017-18||Introduction of G.S.T||CA Dilip Ahuja|
|2018-19||Consumer Awareness||Consumer Guidance Society (Mumbai)|
|2019-20||Guidance on UPSC/MPSC EXAM||Reliable Academy (kalyan)|
Photos of Workshop:
- Remedial lecture
- Defaulter assistance (assignment)
- Expert lecture
- Doubt solving session
Industrial Visits without charging extra fees:
- The University of Mumbai proposes industrial visit as a part of regular curriculum for Professional Courses and the fees charged of Rs.500/-
- Our students have got good exposure for the past 5 years visiting various industries like
- Sterlite Technologies (Silvassa)
- Sterlite Industries (Aurangabad)
- Sterlite Industries (Sesa Goa)
- Sula wines (Nasik)
- Parle – G (Lonavala)
- Sterlite Technologies (Silvassa)
- Our faculty Mr.Manish Vatyani appointed as Paper setter for University of Mumbai (TYBAF SEM VI for Economics-VI)
- Our faculty Mr.Manish Vatyani Falicited by B.O.S for (Assessing online TYBAF Economics PAPER VI) stood second highest in university Assessment.
- It is practice of Department to arrange BSE visit for students to inculcate knowledge
- To learn about stock market in order to compete with global world
Details of Industrial visit of five year
|Sl. No.||Title of the collaborative activity||Name of the participant||Year of collaboration||Nature of the activity|
|1||Industrial Visit||All students of F.Y.B.AF||2014-2015||Field Trip|
|2||Industrial Visit||All students of S.Y.B.AF||2014-2015||Field Trip|
|3||Industrial Visit||All students of F.Y.B.AF||2015-2016||Field Trip|
|4||Industrial Visit||All students of S.Y.B.AF||2015-2016||Field Trip|
|5||Industrial Visit||All students of F.Y.B.AF||2016-2017||Field Trip|
|6||Industrial Visit||42 students T.Y.B.AF||2016-2017||Field Trip|
|7||Industrial Visit||All students of F.Y.B.AF||2017-2018||Field Trip|
|8||Industrial Visit||All students of S.Y.B.AF||2017-2018||Field Trip|
|9||Industrial Visit||All students of F.Y.B.AF||2018-2019||Field Trip|
|10||Industrial Visit||All students of S.Y.B.AF||2018-2019||Field Trip|
|11||BSE Visit||44 students of S.Y.B.A.F||2018-2019||Field Trip|
|12||Industrial Visit||36 students of T.Y.BAF||2018-2019||Field Trip|
- Teachers are highly dedicated and student friendly.
- Students get real time experience by visiting industries.
- Teachers conduct doubt solving session (before Exam).
- The Teachers constantly mentor and motivate the students.
- Practical cases given to the students:-
- Audited report of co-operative society.
- Computation of personal income tax.